Checkout the video in Youtube
Enjoy the chicken gravy with any kind of carb you prefer. If you do not have chicken curry masala you can use garam masala or cumin powder.
Chicken Gravy with Carrot and Potatoes in Instapot
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 27
Number of Servings: 4
Chicken Thigh, raw, skinless, boneless: 1 lb
Cumin seed: 1 tsp
Raw garlic cloves: 2-3
Red/yellow onion Raw: 1 cup
Carrot (7 – 8 inch tall): 2
Medium size Roma Tomato Raw: 1
Unsalted Butter: 1-2 tbspn
Medium Potatoes, raw
(or 6-10 small baby potatoes): 2
Iodized Salt (or as per your taste): 1-2 tsp
Clean the chicken pcs and cut into your favorite size.
1) Take out your instapot and change it to Sauté mode 10-12mins.
2) Add butter, let it melt.
Add cumin seeds. Sauté cumin seeds until brown and then add chopped garlic, sauté 1-2 mins.
3) Add chopped onion and cook until translucent, generally it will take 2 min.
4) Add chopped tomatoes and cook for another 2 min and then add salt
5) Once tomatoes get soft, add the chicken, potatoes and carrots cube, sauté for 5 mins.
Add chicken curry powder. Mix it well and add 1 cup of water, let it boil for 2 mins.
6) Change the setting from sauté to manual setting, high pressure for 8 mins and cover the lid sealing
7) Let it cool for 5 min, then manually pull the pressure from the instapot.
8) Open the lid and you can garnish it with some chopped cilantro and serve hot with favorite carbs.
It goes well with any kind of rice , bread or roti.