Checkout the video in Youtube
1) You can add red food color or paprika while marinating the chicken, that will give you more color to the gravy.
2) If you do not have garam masala powder add chicken curry masala or cumin powder
3)You can also use chicken thighs for this recipe
4) At last, you can add one tbsp of butter to get a more creamy texture.
Creamy butter chicken in instant pot, quick and simple
This is a simplified version of India's famous Butter chicken recipe in the instant pot with very minimal ingredients. This recipe is one of the famous recipes among our friends and colleagues. You will definitely like this recipe. Try this simple butter chicken recipe at home and share your experience with us.
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 4
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: 24 oz
Butter, unsalted: 3 - 4 tbsps
Large yellow onion: 1 large
Garlic: 6 - 8 cloves
Onion powder: 1 tbsp
Garlic powder: 1 tbsp
Kosher Salt: 2 tsp or as per taste
Cumin seed: 1 tsp
Brown Sugar: 1 tsp
Garam Masala Indian Spice Mix: 1 tsp
Black pepper: 1 - 1/2 tsp
Heavy Whipping Cream: 4 fl oz
Tomato Sauce: 1 cup
1) Clean and cut the chicken breasts into slices or the pieces of your choice
2) Chop garlic
3) Marinate the chicken slices with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and keep aside for 1/2-1 hr. (You can add little red food color or paprika to the marination to get more color of the gravy)
4)Now Sauté mode 8-10 mins in your instant pot
5) First, melt butter and add cumin seed, let it crackle and brown
6) Then add chopped garlic and sauté it for 1 min.
7) Now add marinated chicken, mix it well, add pepper powder, garam masala powder and one whole yellow onion, cut it in half. Sauté for 3 - 4 mins then add 1/2 cup of water.
8) Pressure cook on high for 8 mins, once it done rest it for 10 -12 mins.
9) Open the lid and take out the boiled onion and make a fine paste in a mixer.
10) Now change the setting to soup mode for 8-10 mins
11) Add 1 cup of can tomato sauce and add the cream and mix it well.
12) Let it boil for 8 - 10 mins and you will see the color will change to light orange. At this point, you can add one tbsp of butter (optional)
13) Adjust the gravy consistency according to your taste bud and add salt as per your taste.
14) Enjoy this flavorful dish with Rice or with your choice of bread (naan/roti/ tortilla/dinner roll).